Many Colorado photo locations require permits. If you do not obtain a permit, a hefty fine may apply. Be sure to investigate the latest permit requirements on each location’s website or call for details.
Additional restrictions on permitting, particularly number of persons in group and availability, may also be in effect. Please contact each location for current policies.
- Rocky Mountain National Park – Weddings (covered by the wedding permit the couple purchases) Note: Effective June 1st, 2019, no more than two weddings can be booked at any of the designated wedding locations per day, regardless of availability. No more than 6 total ceremonies per day year round. The permit fee has also increased and maximum
ceremony sizes have also been adjusted for certain sites
Note that City of Boulder and County of Boulder have different requirements.
- 16th Street Mall
- Byron White Courthouse (18th and Stout) – Call to receive a permit application by email: #303-844-4083
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Denver Public Property
- Denver International Airport
- Highlands Ranch Mansion (outside free; inside fee applies)
- Lakeside Amusement Park- One-time use permit ($fee) available when walking in at the location
- Lookout Mountain Park
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater (Separate permit for the park and inside the amphitheater)
- Roxborough State Park
- Wynkoop Plaza at Denver Union Station