Making Use of Your Engagement Photos Before, During and After Your Wedding
Your engagement photos just posted to social media.
You’ve even thought up and included the perfect hashtag.
Your friends gave you lots of likes and congratulatory messages.
So, now what?
What more can you do with your engagement photos?
After all the planning and time you put into your engagement session, don’t put that USB drive into storage.
Why not turn your engagement photos into something memorable? The possibilities are endless.
Here’s 20 ideas to get you started:
- Publish a gallery and/or use select pictures on your wedding website.
- Submit photographs with your photographer’s help to publications.
- Feature photos on your Save the Date Announcement.
- Send an engagement picture to your hometown newspaper to announce your marriage
- Line your invitation envelope with an engagement photo.
- Design your own postage stamp.
- Include engagement pictures in your wedding program.
- Place a photo enlargement at the entrance to identify your reception.
- Produce a guestbook album for your guests to write their well wishes at your reception.
- Decorate your cake with edible prints.
- Create personalized party favors. Consider cookies, candy bars, matches, and custom wine labels, to name a few.
- Turn your favorite photo into a jigsaw puzzle. At the reception, ask your guests to write words of advice on the back side of each piece.
- Display your fav photos on your gift table or cake table.
- Personalize table numbers at your wedding.
Personal Ideas for Engagement Photos
- Make a small album for your partner.
- Transfer your photo to a custom blanket. Then, snuggle up literally in the memory of your session.
- Surprise your partner with a calendar of favorite images. Inside, include personal notes on each month.
- Send a holiday card or greeting to family and friends.
- Think big! Order a large printed portrait to hang in your home. For materials, choose canvas, acrylics or metal prints for big impact.
- Give prints, mini-books, or magnets as family gifts to parents and grandparents.
In summary, there’s many different ways to put your engagement pix to work! Remember to check with your photographer for additional ideas and samples. Finally, make sure that you have a print release when you use various publishing services.
Before You Go…
What ideas do you have? I’d love to hear yours. Before you go, be sure to leave a helpful suggestion or two in the comments below.